Aire-Flo is a budget brand manufactured by Lennox. The Aire-Flo 4HP14L18 heat pump provides good performance and efficiency at a great price. This unit is reliable and is a great option for homeowners considering selling their home within a few years. It does not offer any long-term energy cost benefits you would see with a high-efficiency heat pump. The Aire-Flo 4HP14L18 heat pump works well in moderate to warm climates that don’t demand a great deal of heating in cool months. This review will examine features, pricing, and the warranty.
Here are the key features of this model:
- It offers up to 14 SEER cooling and 7.7 HSPF heating.
- The quality scroll compressor is single stage, with added noise reducing features.
- The short-cycle prevents compressor malfunction.
- The direct-drive fan is precision-balanced for effective, quiet operation.
- There is a discharge muffler and other sound-reducing features for quiet operation.
- The coil uses a louvered-fin design and copper tubing for effective heat transfer.
- It uses eco-friendly R-410A refrigerant.
- It is covered with painted heavy-gauge steel for resistance to chipping, fading, and corrosion.
- A defrost control is included to reduce energy consumption.
- The unit is factory tested to ensure proper functioning.
- There are seven sizes available from 1.5 to 5.0-ton capacity.
Here is the current pricing for this series:
- 1.5 ton / 18,000 Btu Aire-Flo model 4HP14L18 heat pump: $1,249
- 2.5 ton / 32,000 Btu Aire-Flo model 4HP14L18 heat pump: $1,339
- 3 ton / 36,000 Btu Aire-Flo model 4HP14L18 heat pump: $1,699
- 5 ton / 60,000 Btu Aire-Flo model 4HP14L18 heat pump: $2,189
Warranty: This unit comes with 5-year coverage on the compressor and all other parts. The warranty is consistent with most value-oriented heat pumps on the market. An extended warranty is available.
Don’t Cut Corners on Installation: Consumers purchasing a budget-line unit like this are often looking for any opportunity to save money. Don’t be tempted by saving money on installation! Heat pump installation is not a typical DIY or handyman job. It takes HVAC know-how that most handy guys don’t possess, as well as tools and testing equipment to make sure the job is done correctly. If the heat pump is not installed properly, it will negatively impact the unit for years to come, wasting your money. Find a qualified contractor in your area to install your unit.