The Amana ASZC16 is a top-of-the-line heat pump capable of keeping any home very comfortable. This is a two-stage heat pump wired for the ComfortNet communication system that coordinates operation with the air handler to optimize efficiency and climate control. It features a high-end Copeland UltraTech scroll compressor, and it comes with a lifetime unit replacement warranty. If the compressor ever fails the original owner, Amana will replace the entire heat pump. Here is more information about the features, pricing, warranty, and installation of the Amana ASZC16.
- Energy Star-rated with a 16 SEER for cooling and a 9.5 HSPF for heating
- Two-stage Copeland UltraTech compressor
- Pressure switches and filter dryer to protect compressor
- SmartShift short-cycle protection
- Can be matched with an air handler and heat strips or a gas furnace
- ComfortNet communication compatible
- Two-speed condensing fan runs on low most of the time, reducing noise
- High-capacity sound muffler reduces noise
- Wired for easy set up with a color-coded terminal
- Eco-friendly R-410 refrigerant
Pricing: This unit can be a bit pricey when compared to other 16 SEER heat pumps. When you consider its quality, performance, and warranty you can see that it is a great value.
Here is current pricing:
- 2-ton Amana ASZC16 heat pump: $1,999
- 3-ton Amana ASZC16 heat pump: $2,399
- 4-ton Amana ASZC16 heat pump: $2,829
- 5-ton Amana ASZC16 heat pump: $3,319
Warranty: Amana offers one of the best warranties in the industry. Every unit comes with a 10-year limited warranty on parts and a lifetime limited warranty on the heat exchanger. This warranty is for the original owner and is not transferable.
Maximizing Efficiency and Longevity: We recommend choosing an experienced, quality HVAC technician to install your unit. The unit will only work as well as it is installed, and a poor installation will mean higher energy bills for you and a shorter life for your unit. A good HVAC technician will have the know-how to install the unit and ability to calibrate it to your home’s specific needs so you’re getting the most for your money. If installed correctly, this model will keep your heating bills down with reliable service for 20 years or more.