Amana is an HVAC industry leader. They produce quality, efficient units at affordable prices. DSZC16 is no exception with its industry-leading Copeland compressor that provides balanced, gentle heating and cooling. This two-stage heat pump is Energy Star-rated. With proper maintenance and care, this model should run well for 20 years. This review includes information about features, pricing, warranty, and installation. This heat pump has a 16 SEER and would be a good choice for homes that have a warm summers and cold winters. This heat pump is about average for affordability when compared to similar models.
Here are a few of the key features:
- Energy Star-rated 16 SEER, 9.5 HSPF efficiency
- Comfortable two-stage heating and cooling
- Use with a variable-speed air handler for superior climate control
- Wired for ComfortNet communication to coordinate components and maximize efficiency and performance ($450 upgrade)
- Pressure switches and filter drier improve compressor performance and longevity
- Crankcase heater prevents coil freezing
- High-capacity muffler and two-speed condenser fan reduce noise
Here is current pricing:
- 2-ton Amana DSZC16 Distinctions heat pump: $2,129
- 3-ton Amana DSZC16 Distinctions heat pump: $2,469
- 4-ton Amana DSZC16 Distinctions heat pump: $2,859
- 5-ton Amana DSZC16 Distinctions heat pump: $3,349
Don’t Cut Corers on Installation! We recommend choosing an experienced, quality HVAC technician to install your unit. The unit will only work as well as it is installed, and a poor installation will mean higher energy bills for you and a shorter life for your unit. A good HVAC technician will have the know-how to install the unit and ability to calibrate it to your home’s specific needs so you’re getting the most for your money. If installed correctly, this model will keep your utility bills down with reliable service for 18 to 22 years. Its quality and performance are above average, and the warranty is one of the best. It’s safe to say this unit would be a good value.