Daylight savings time is drawing near. In addition to springing forward, many people use this day as a marker to remember other important home maintenance chores. Here are a few things you may want to check on during daylight savings weekend:
- Check the Smoke Detector: If you detector runs on batteries, replace them. Check out hard-wired smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to see if it would be wise to upgrade!
- Check or Replace Carbon Monoxide Detectors: Replace the batteries in your CO detector.
- Schedule Your HVAC Tune-Up: Call your HVAC contractor today to schedule a service call. Don’t wait until it’s hot and your system breaks down!
- Change Your Whole House Humidifier Pad: If you have a duct humidifier, now is the time to change the pad.
- Change your Refrigerator Water Filter: This is how your water and ice is cleaned, so be sure to change this if you want to continue to enjoy clean, refreshing water.