The Aprilaire® Model 800 Canister Steam Humidifier delivers humidity in the form of steam to the conditioned space via the HVAC system ducting. The humidifier generates steam by energizing two electrodes that extend into a canister of water. Current flowing between the electrodes causes the water to boil, creating steam. Water is introduced to the humidifier through a fill valve to a fill cup located in the top of the cabinet. The fill cup serves as an overflow reservoir and provides an air gap between the humidifier and water source. The drain and fill valves work together to maintain water level in the canister to deliver the rated steam capacity based on the electrical conductivity of the water and to temper drain water.
Steam is delivered into the airstream through a dispersion tube mounted in the HVAC system ductwork. Openings in the dispersion tube are fitted with “tubelets” which extend into the center of the tube. The design of the dispersion tube and tubelets distribute steam over a wide area in the duct and direct any condensed moisture back into the steam hose.
- Electrode technology – proven more effective to generate steam; requires no cleaning.
- Easy installation – remote or duct mount applications with no additional accessories.
- Easy to maintain – simply remove canister and replace.
- Dispersion technology prevents condensation in the duct.
- Drain water flushes with fresh inlet water.
- Can be used with any condensate pump.
- Water filtration never required.
- Steam capacity: 120 Volts – 11.5 GPD; 208 Volts – 20.5 GPD; 240 Volts – 23.3 GPD.
- Includes Aprilaire Model 62 digital control, 6′ of commercial grade steam hose, 10′ of drain hose, and 1 dispersion tube.