The Goodman® brand DSXC18 18 SEER Air Conditioner uses the chlorine-free refrigerant R-410A and features energy efficiencies and operating sound levels that are among the best in the heating and cooling industry. The DSXC18 contains the two stage, high efficiency Copeland® UltraTech scroll compressor, which provides improved temperature and humidity control. This unit is designed for the consumer who desires superb comfort and quiet operation.
This central air conditioning condenser requires an indoor air handler or evaporator coil as part of a complete system. What tonnage coil or air handler should you use? It depends on two factors about the outside portion of the central air conditioning system: 1) the tonnage, and 2) the efficiency rating (listed as “SEER”). Usually, high efficiency central air conditioning condensers are required to use a larger tonnage evaporator coil than the tonnage of the outside central air condenser. (For example, a 2 ton central air conditioning condenser might be paired with a 3 ton or 3.5 ton evaporator coil.)
In order to achieve the 18 SEER efficiency this central air conditioner must be installed with the manufacturer recommended evaporator coil, a Goodman variable speed furnace, variable speed air handler, or variable speed modular blower and thermostatic expansion valve (TXV). An 18 SEER system will reduce your electric bill approximately 12% – 14% more than a 16 SEER system.
Please note that this air conditioning equipment comes pre-charged with R-410A liquid refrigerant and by Federal law cannot be released to the atmosphere. You can purchase this equipment without being EPA certified, and if you are mechanically inclined you may perform about 90% of the equipment installation yourself.
- R-410A chlorine-free refrigerant
- Two stage Copeland UltraTech scroll compressor
- High density foam compressor sound blanket
- Copeland® ComfortAlert diagnostics
- ComfortNet™ Communications System compatible
- Low pressure switch
- Fully charged for 15′ line set length
- Factory installed filter dryer
- Highly efficient condenser fan motor
- Copper tube / enhanced aluminum fin coil
- AHRI Certified; ETL Listed
- Goodman® sound control top design
- Wire fan discharge grille
- Steel louver coil guard
- Baked on powder-paint finish
- Rust resistant coated screws
- Compact footprint
- Top and side maintenance access
- Single panel access to controls with space provided for field-installed accessories
- When properly anchored, meets the 2001 Florida Building Code unit integrity requirements for hurricane-type winds