This 96% high efficiency 80,000 BTU2‐stage condensing furnace by Goodman, model GMEC960804CN has been carefully engineered to work to its fullest capacity. When it comes to your personal comfort, no detail has been overlooked. The furnace’s variable speed ECM blower gently ramps up or down according to heating demands keeping sound at a minimum and energy costs low. The multiple continuous fan speed options quietly circulate the air keeping the temperature balanced and steady.
Unlike a standard furnace, which vents left‐over heat out of your home in the form of exhaust, the Goodman high‐efficient furnace passes the exhaust through a secondary stainless steel heat exchanger to extract additional heat. That extra heat – up to 30% more – which would have otherwise been wasted is circulated through your home by a near‐silent two‐speed induced draft blower. The end result is 96 cents out of every dollar you spend on heating is used to keep your home warm.
The two‐stage gas valve works in unison with the variable speed motor to save energy and maintain an even indoor temperature by adjusting its airflow according to the heating demands of your home. Also enjoy advanced diagnostics, automatic maintenance alerts and continuous monitoring of the system’s performance. Ideal for installation in a closet, alcove, utility room, basement or attic.
- Energy‐efficient, multi‐speed ECM blower motor
- Heavy‐duty, aluminized‐steel tubular heat exchanger
- Stainless‐steel secondary heat exchanger
- Two‐stage gas valve provides quiet, economical heating
- Durable Silicon Nitride igniter
- Quiet two‐speed induced draft blower
- Self‐diagnostic control board with constant memory fault code history output to a LED
- Color‐coded low‐voltage terminals with provisions for electronic air cleaner and humidifier
- Low continuous fan speed options offer quiet air circulation
- All models comply with California 40 ng/J Low NOx emissions standard
- AHRI Certified; ETL Listed
- Designed for multi‐position installation – upflow, horizontal left or right
- Certified for direct vent (2‐pipe) or non‐direct vent (1‐pipe)
- Easy‐to‐install top venting with optional side venting
- Convenient left or right connection for gas and electrical service
- Cabinet air leakage (QLeak) <= ‐2%
- Heavy‐gauge steel cabinet with durable finish
- Fully insulated heat exchanger and blower section
- Airtight solid bottom or side return with easy‐cut tabs for effortless removal in bottom air‐inlet applications