The Goodman® GSX16 UP TO 16 SEER Central Air Conditioner uses the environmentally friendly refrigerant R-410A and features energy efficiencies and operating sound levels that are among the best in the heating and air conditioning industry. R-410A is chlorine-free to help prevent damage to the ozone layer. The GSX16 features a high-efficiency Copeland® scroll compressor and is designed for the consumer who desires superior comfort, quiet operation, and environmentally friendly air conditioning performance.
This central air conditioning condenser requires an indoor air handler or evaporator coil as part of a complete system. What tonnage coil or air handler should you use? It depends on two factors about the outside portion of the central air conditioning system: 1) the tonnage, and 2) the efficiency rating (listed as “SEER”). Usually, high efficiency central air conditioning condensers are required to use a larger tonnage evaporator coil than the tonnage of the outside central air condenser.
In order to achieve the 16 SEER efficiency this central air conditioner must be installed with the manufacturer recommended evaporator coil, furnace, variable speed air handler, or variable speed modular blower and thermostatic expansion valve (TXV). A 16 SEER system will reduce your electric bill approximately 7% – 8% more than a 15 SEER system.
Please note that this air conditioning equipment comes pre-charged with R-410A liquid refrigerant and by Federal law cannot be released to the atmosphere.
- R-410A environmentally friendly refrigerant
- High-efficiency Copeland® Ultratech scroll compressor
- Factory-installed filter dryer
- Fully charged for 15 feet of tubing length
- Copper tube/enhanced aluminum fin coil
- Sweat connection service valves with easy access to gauge ports
- Contactor with lug connection
- Ground lug connection
- AHRI Certified
- ETL Listed
- Unique Goodman® brand louvered sound control top design
- Steel louver coil guard
- Heavy-gauge galvanized-steel cabinet
- Attractive Architectural Gray powder-paint finish with 500-hour salt-spray approval
- Top and side maintenance access
- Single-panel access to controls with space provided for field-installed accessories
- When central air conditioner is properly anchored, meets the 2001 Florida Building Code unit integrity requirements for hurricane-type winds