The Goodman® GSZ14 14 SEER Heat Pump uses the environmentally friendly refrigerant R-410A and features operating sound levels that are among the best in the heating and cooling industry. R-410A is chlorine-free to help prevent damage to the ozone layer. With its 14 SEER rating, the GSZ14 will help reduce energy consumption throughout the life of the system.
All Goodman 14 / 15 SEER heat pumps must be installed with a bi-flow thermostatic expansion valve. This valve is installed in front of the indoor evaporator coil inline with the line set piping.
This heat pump can be 14 or 15 SEER, depending on which indoor unit it is paired with. If it is installed with the manufacturer recommended evaporator coil, a Goodman variable speed furnace, variable speed air handler, or variable speed modular blower, and also sometimes a thermostatic expansion valve (TXV), it is a 15 SEER system. A 15 SEER heat pump system will reduce your electric bill approximately 7% – 8% more than a 14 SEER heat pump system.
If you are installing a heat pump with a backup heat source which will be a fuel furnace, you will need to install an electronic all fuel kit. This kit switches between the two heat sources as needed and prevents both the heat pump and backup heat from running at the same time.
- R-410A chlorine-free refrigerant
- High-efficiency scroll compressor
- SmartShift® technology to ensure quiet reliable defrost
- Factory-installed bi-flow liquid-line filter drier
- Factory-installed suction-line accumulator
- Factory-installed compressor crankcase heater
- Factory-installed high-capacity muffler
- High- and low-pressure switches
- Service valves with sweat connections and easy access to gauge ports
- Copper tube/enhanced aluminum fin coil
- Fully charged for 15’ of tubing length
- Contactor with lug connection
- Ground lug connection
- AHRI Certified; ETL Listed
- Goodman® brand sound control top design
- Steel louver coil guard
- Heavy-gauge galvanized-steel cabinet
- Attractive Architectural Gray powder-paint finish with 500-hour salt-spray approval
- Top and side maintenance access
- Service ports and controls are accessible while unit is operating
- When properly anchored, meets the 2010 Florida Building Code unit integrity requirements for hurricane-type winds