The Armstrong Model 418LT 18 SEER is a work horse heat pump that can serve homes with the coldest winters and hottest summers. It will save most homeowners up to 50 percent on their heating and air conditioning costs. This quality unit was clearly made with attention to detail.
Here are some of the top features of this unit:
Efficiency Level: 18 SEER air conditioning; 9.2 HSPF heating; Energy Star rated
Compressor: Two-stage, high efficiency compressor for quiet operation and energy savings
Eco-friendly R-410 Refrigerant: Yes
Warranty: 10-year limited warranty on compressor and all other parts
Equipment Features: Pressure switches and thermal overload switch to protect compressor operation, microban-treated base pan to control bacteria and mold, QuietShift technology makes this one of the quietest heat pumps in the industry, advanced diagnostics for faster system resets and easy maintenance.
Armstrong Model 418LT 18 SEER Heat Pump Cost Overview: HVAC equipment costs can be difficult to project. They are often impacted by the time of year the equipment is purchased, the competition among local contractors, and local cost of living. Don’t forget that each unit has its own installation requirements, and if more time and/or materials are needed, the cost will be higher.
Armstrong Model 418LT 18 SEER Heat Pump Costs:
- 2-ton/24,000 Btu Armstrong Model 418LT 18 SEER heat pump: $2,599
- 3-ton/36,000 Btu Armstrong Model 418LT 18 SEER heat pump: $2,859
- 4-ton/48,000 Btu Armstrong Model 418LT 18 SEER heat pump: $3,269
- 5-ton/60,000 Btu Armstrong Model 418LT 18 SEER heat pump: $3,599
- 3-ton Armstrong Model 418LT 18 SEER heat pump with air handler: $4,199
- 4-ton Armstrong Model 418LT 18 SEER heat pump with air handler: $4,339
Armstrong Model 418LT 18 SEER Heat Pump Installation Costs:
- Heat pump only: $500-$1,000
- Heat pump plus air handler or gas furnace: 1,200-$2,400
Average Installed Costs:
- 3-ton Armstrong Model 418LT 18 SEER heat pump installed: $4,000
- 3-ton Armstrong Model 418LT 18 SEER heat pump with air handler installed: $6,100
Quality Installation for Optimal Performance: We recommend using a qualified HVAC professional to install your HVAC equipment. Many avid DIYers may be tempted to install the unit themselves, but please be aware that HVAC equipment takes a specific set of skills, tools, and equipment to install well. If installed by a professional, you will have the peace of mind knowing that your unit was installed properly and calibrated to meet the needs of your home. Professional installation also ensures that the unit operates as it should, for as long as it should.