The 92.1 percent AFUE qualifies as an Energy Star furnace. If replacing a 15 to 20-year-old furnace, this unit should reduce heating costs and energy consumption by about 35 percent. The Aire-Flo 92AF is a good choice for homes in moderate to cool climates.
Feature Rating (3/5): This furnace has a single-stage burner for basic heating. It doesn’t provide the precise climate control of a two-stage unit, but with it could be a worthwhile trade-off for the price.
Here are a few more key features:
- A single-stage/multi-speed for basic, reliable heating.
- There are aluminized in-shot burners that are dependable and quiet.
- The smaller size fits into small spaces.
- Upflow/horizontal flow provides multiple installation options.
- The aluminized steel heat exchanger is durable and efficient.
- The powder-coated cabinet resists scratches and corrosion.
- It easily converts to LP gas operation.
- The gas and electric hook up to either right or left side for convenience.
- The unit is run-tested at the factory to ensure performance.
- There are 45,000 to 135,000 Btu sizes available with and 1.5 to 5.0 ton blowers.
Reliability Rating (4/5): Because this brand is associated with Lennox, its commitment to quality is evident. This furnace has reliable performance and should last for 15 to 20 years with proper maintenance. It shouldn’t present many repair issues.
Manufacturer’s Warranty Rating (3/5): This unit has a 20-year heat exchanger limited warranty and a 10-year parts limited warranty, which is average for the industry. Many brands offer a lifetime limited warranty on the heat exchanger, but if the heat exchanger fails after 20 years, the furnace should probably be replaced anyway.
Overall Rating (3/5): This is a reliable furnace with enduring quality that should last for many, many years if well taken care of. It is ideal for a homeowner who doesn’t need the precise climate control offered by a high-end brand. It will keep your home warm in the coldest winter and certainly won’t disappoint!