It’s no secret that Amana HVAC products are among the most popular with today’s consumers. Amana produces units that perform well, are durable and come with a great warranty. Here is more information about the AMVC95 including features, pricing, warranty, and installation guidelines.
The AMVC95 includes these features:
- High efficiency with a 95 percent AFUE, one of the highest in the industry
- Amana’s dual-diameter tubular heat exchanger
- Quiet, variable-speed circulator motor for efficient operation
- ComfortNet communications system
- Durable, reliable silicon nitride igniter
- Electronic control board with self-diagnostics for simple troubleshooting
- Auto-comfort mode that provides enhanced dehumidification
- Factory-tested to ensure quality
Pricing: Pricing for Amana products can be difficult to come by because they are only available through local dealers. If you do purchase a unit online, the warranty is voided unless the vendor is installing the unit as well. We found a few price examples on ebay: a 40,000 BTUH model for $1,699 and a 90,000 BTUH model for $1,969.
Warranty: Amana offers one of the best warranties in the industry. Every unit comes with a 10-year limited warranty on parts and a lifetime limited warranty on the heat exchanger. As mentioned in the previous section, Amana does not honor this warranty on any equipment purchased online or over the phone unless that vendor installs the unit.
Quality Installation: We recommend choosing an experienced, quality HVAC technician to install your unit. The unit will only work as well as it is installed, and a poor installation will mean higher energy bills for you and a shorter life for your unit. A good HVAC technician will have the know-how to install the unit and ability to calibrate it to your home’s specific needs so you’re getting the most for your money.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when selecting an HVAC contractor:
- Use a contractor that is licensed, bonded, insured, and certified
- They should have a good BBB rating
- Willing to do a Manual J load calculation instead of going off of square footage
- Will be getting necessary permits
- Willing to provide references
Amana provides a quality furnace at a reasonable price. If you’re looking for a new, highly efficient furnace, consider the AMVC95.