If you’re looking for superior climate control, look no further than the Amana ASXC16. This unit is a 16 SEER, 2-stage AC that excels when paired with a variable-speed furnace. It includes ComfortNet communications to coordinate components and maximize efficiency. The unit has a Copeland UltraTech scroll compressor, one of the best in the industry. Amana backs this central AC with the market’s top warranty. To top it all off, this model is surprisingly affordable. Here we will cover features, pricing, warranty information, and installation recommendations for this model. This should help you compare this units with others and determine if it’s the best fit for your home.
- Energy Star, 16 SEER cooling
- Two-stage cooling is gentler, quieter and a more effective dehumidifier
- ComfortNet communication-ready for diagnostics and performance
- Wired for easy set-up to reduce installation time
- Two-speed condenser fan operates on low most, producing less noise
- Foam compressor blanket and sound-control top reduce noise
- Louvered coil guard maintains air flow with improved protection
- Models available from 1.5 ton/18,000 BTU to 5.0 ton/60,000 BTU capacity
Pricing: For a two-stage unit, this model is very affordable. Here are current prices for the most popular sizes:
- 2 ton Amana ASXC16 central air conditioner: $1,639
- 3 ton Amana ASXC16 central air conditioner: $1,739
- 4 ton Amana ASXC16 central air conditioner: $2,049
- 5 ton Amana ASXC16 central air conditioner: $2,259
Warranty: Amana offers one of the best warranties in the industry. Every unit comes with a 10-year limited warranty on parts and a lifetime limited warranty on the heat exchanger. Amana does not honor this warranty on any equipment purchased online or over the phone unless that vendor installs the unit.
Installation:We recommend choosing an experienced, quality HVAC technician to install your unit. The unit will only work as well as it is installed, and a poor installation will mean higher energy bills for you and a shorter life for your unit. A good HVAC technician will have the know-how to install the unit and ability to calibrate it to your home’s specific needs so you’re getting the most for your money. If installed correctly, the Amana AMVM96 gas furnace will keep your heating bills down with reliable service for 20 years or more.