The Amana ASZ18 18 SEER heat pump is energy efficient, good quality, and affordable. It will help reduce energy consumption and utility bills. It is built with quality parts that make it a unit that will last. This review will assess the unit for efficiency, features, reliability, and warranty.
Operating Cost Efficiency Rating (4/5): With a 18 SEER for air conditioning and 9.5 HSPF for heating, this unit is Energy Star rated for both heating and cooling. When you replace this model with a 12 to 20-year-old model, expect to save 35 to 50 percent on your utility bills. This model would work well in a moderate to warm climate, especially where electricity is a good value or where utility companies are offering rebates for energy-efficient equipment.
Feature Rating (5/5): We scored the Amana ASZ18 18 SEER heat pump a 5 because it offers everything you need for very comfortable home, regardless of climate.
Here are a few of the stand-out features:
- Top-of-the-line Copeland Ultra Tech scroll compressor
- Two-stage operation with a variable-speed blower to optimize indoor comfort
- Duel fuel capability for use in warm and cold climates
- Pressure switches the protect the system
- Compressor blanket and other noise-reducing features to keep it quiet
- Filter drier improves refrigerant performance and extends compressor life
- ComfortNet communications to coordinate system components
- R-410A refrigerant is more efficient and eco-friendly
Reliability Rating (4/5): This is a dependable heat pump with an excellent service record. With proper maintenance, this unit will last for 15 to 20 years.
Warranty Rating (5/5): Amana offers one of the best warranties in the industry. Every unit comes with a 10-year limited warranty on parts and a lifetime limited warranty on the heat exchanger. This warranty is for the original owner and not transferable.
Overall Rating (4.5/5): It’s clear to see why this is one of our highest-rated heat pumps. The high efficiency cooling and dual-fuel heating make it an easy choice no matter where you live. It’s efficient and will perform reliably for many years. Please note that if you live in a moderate climate, you may be able to get by with a more cost-efficient 14-16 SEER heat pump that will cost less up front. No matter what, with proper maintenance and service, this heat pump won’t disappoint!