Have you been residing in Richardson, TX for a while now? You might be aware of the summer heat that hits the town in a full swing when your air conditioner is not working. Keeping the AC running throughout the summers is quite important which you cannot avoid at any cost in Richardson, TX.
You have to be certain that when cold weather turns warm, it gets uncomfortable to bear the brunt heat. To keep the air conditioner in top shape, it is essential to make the ac service available before summers approach and if required, you might have to go for an AC replacement.
Paying attention to the fact that you cannot really make it without AC, invest some time in improving the functioning of the unit. You can efficiently extend the lifespan of your unit following these easy tips:
- Disconnect the power from the AC unit and also remove the cover and filter of the AC.
- After every few months, the filters need to be changed when you are living in such a hot city like Richardson, TX. The filters are responsible to ensure proper cooling so clean them using water. Spray some scented wash in the water and use it for cleaning. If you are short of time to do this yourself, make sure to get it done during the yearly maintenance.
- When the filters are cleaned, switch the power on for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- To carry on the proper functioning of the unit, you have to clean the vent after a few months. Take help from some of the professional service providers to ensure that the duct and vents are clean and the air supply is the right amount. If the vent or duct is covered with pollutants, it is advisable to keep them free by using the proper cleaning techniques.
- While carrying out the maintenance, be sure to check whether there is something blocking the condensing unit.
- Lastly, check the coils and electronic controls of the air conditioner as the coils are exposed to very ruthless climatic surroundings.
So these are few AC cleaning tips which can keep your air conditioner intact in severe summers. If after following these tips, the AC doesn’t work properly as it is meant to be, I would then suggest buying a new unit from a wholesale air conditioner representative in Richardson, TX.