Lennox is a well-known, high-end brand in the HVAC industry. The XC17 is not the most efficient in the Lennox lineup, with the XC21 being the most efficient, but the XC17 can hold its own at 18 SEER. Homeowners who replace a 10 to 15-year-old unit with the XC17 will see a 40 to 50 percent reduction in heating and cooling costs as well as more than 15 years of dependable service. While this unit is expensive, it will quickly pay for itself in a warm climate. Those living in a cool climate should expect it to take 7 years before they will see the it pay for itself.
This unit has 10-year compressor, coil, and functional parts warranty, which is the industry standard. This model has a reputation for reliability as well as indoor comfort and energy efficiency. We recommend using an experienced professional to install your XC17. Professional installation will guarantee that your unit performs optimally for the next 15 years. A technician with HVAC know-how will make sure that the system is installed correctly, tune it to match the other components, and adjust the system’s blower motor for greatest efficiency and performance.
- At 18 SEER efficiency, this is an Energy Star product.
- The single-stage compressor is the most efficient single-stage model available today.
- This unit uses an environmentally safer R-410A refrigerant.
- Whisper quiet, 62-decibel operation due to the Silent Comfort grille and the molded compressor cover.
- The SmartHinge louvered panels allow easier access for set-up, cleaning, and service.
- The steel cabinet is powder-coated for durability.
- It is compatible with the Humiditrol for enhanced dehumidification for your entire home.
- iComfort technology uses an iComfort touchscreen thermostat.
- The unit is wired for SunSource solar power modules to power the unit and more.
Below are unit prices, according to tonnage. Compare the price to the SEER saved by switching to this model and you’ll be able to determine if this is a good choice for your home.
- 3 ton Dave Lennox Signature Collection XC17 Air Conditioner: $2,379
- 4 ton Dave Lennox Signature Collection XC17 Air Conditioner: $2,839
- 5 ton Dave Lennox Signature Collection XC17 Air Conditioner: $3,189