American Standard is a high-end brand and the Platinum ZM Allegiance 20 central air conditioner is their top-of-the-line model. Consumers love this model for its energy efficiency and high performance. The original name for this model was the Allegiance 20 but it is now called the Platinum ZM. This model has a 20 SEER efficiency and may lower your cooling bills by more than 50 percent with an operating cost efficency rating of 5/5. It is one of the most efficient models on the market and is a popular choice in warm climates or with homeowners who want to save energy. AccuLink technology gives this model an edge with a feature rating of 5/5. It coordinates all components for maximum performance and efficiency.
Here are a few more impressive features:
- Two compressors provide balanced, gentle air conditioning and the power to cool no matter how hot it is outside.
- The variable-speed condensing motor often runs on low and is whisper quiet.
- The unit cools with R-410A, an environmentally safe refrigerant.
- It reduces humidity more effectively than single-stage air conditioners.
- It comes in 2, 3, 4, and 5 tons but is not available in half sizes.
Users rave about this model for its reliability that has a rating of 5/5. It is built with top-quality components and can be relied on during the hottest, most humid days of the year. Expect up to 20 years of durable, efficient performance with the American Standard Platinum ZM air conditioner. The average warranty for this type of product is 10 years with a warranty rating of 4/5. American Standard exceeds that with a 12-year compressor and parts limited warranty. There’s no denying that this is one of the best units available today with an overall rating of 5/5! It uses little energy while providing excellent indoor comfort and durability. It does come at a high price, although it will begin to pay for itself as soon as it’s installed.